Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
je48746stijn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hide rows in pivot table on calculated dimension without losing the subtotal

Dear all,

I would like to hide certain rows in my pivot table for one specific value of a calculated dimension, which looks like this : 

=if(Aggr(Count({$<[Record Type]={'DEAL'}>}DISTINCT DealType), YEARCIF)>=3, '>=3', '<3')

I would like to hide the rows for '<3', but when I do so, the subtotal in the expression where I want to calculate the percentage on that subtotal, changes too, and that's something I want to avoid, since I want to keep the percentage on the original subtotal.

Lines I want to Keep (in yellow)Lines I want to Keep (in yellow)

Hopefully the pictures in attachment, can clearify what I exactly mean.  The lines in yellow are the the lines I want to keep (i.e. where my calculated dimension equals '>=3'). The other picture shows my current result.  As you can, the calculated percentage does change to 100%, which is not what I want. I want to keep the initial percentage.

Thank you very much in advance for your responses.

Stijn, Belgium

Current ResultCurrent Result

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Stijn, I am no guru on Set Analysis, leaving you a link to a 40 minute recording from one of our gurus on the QIX Engine, that I hope may fill in some gaps for you as to the why of things such that you will realize what is wrong, as I am not going to be much help to you on this one.  This will kick things back up as well, so someone else may chime in as well with something for you that is more helpful, but I will include a Design Blog link too, might be of some use here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wevhFK_AID8&feature=youtu.be

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

Apologies I am not more help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.