Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding a column on Excel export

Hi all,

I have a hidden column in Pivot table

I did it with the help of a one time Macro.

But when i am exporting the data to excel, it is showing the hidden column in excel.

How can I avoid this on export?

Thnaking in advance for you help.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You cannot prevent it. You can remove the hidden column from the pivot table. Or you can remove the hidden column from the excel file in excel. If you're not using the ajax client you can try writing a macro that exports the pivot table to excel and then removes the column from the excel worksheet.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Keshav,

Why don't use calculation condition on the Expression/Dimension to hide/show the column in Pivot Table. And this way QlikView excludes the hidden column while exporting to Excel. Another advantage is that you don't have to use the Macro.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Deepak,

I have to hide the column because it is something not needed to show to the customer.

If I do not use that column in the grid, it will sum up the expression column and the customer will not be able

to see the individual entries.

So, I have to have that column in the grid for having individual entries.

Now in excel sheet, it is coming as a hidden column only, but the problem is that the number of excel sheet columns(as it starts A,B,...) is getting skipped because of this.

So the customer is getting to know about the hidden column.

That is why i want to hide it at the time of export to the excel.

Is there any way.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for you reply.

How can I override the export functionality of Pivot table.

Shall you provide some reference code for that.

Thanks for you help in advance.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I kind of get what you're trying to do. Can you post the sample QVW file? I'm sure there is way to sort this out in expressions/script without using the hiding approach.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com