Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding a column

Is it possible to hide an expression column in a pivot table chart, I'm not seeing anyhting?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can disable it and it won't show up. A straight table has a conditional show for expressions under the Presentation tab.

Are you trying to show it in some cases and hide it in others? Maybe explain what you are trying to do, we can offer a suggestion.

Not applicable
Author

I have 2 columns that I am simply using in a formula that gives me a value in another column. I would like to have the columns hidden. I know in the straight table I can hide the coulmn, but I'm using a pivot table and would like to hide the column.

Not applicable
Author

I don't think that is possible in a pivot.

What is the expression that you want to show? Can you combine the multiple expressions into one big one?

An alternative would be to set up variables instead of expressions and put your expressions into the variable values. You can then use a dollar sign-expansion along with the variable in your expressions.

vExp1 = Sum(Sales)
vExp2 = Sum(Costs)
Exp = $(vExp1)/$(vExp2)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In Qlikview 11 Version only,You can use the conditional expression box for the expressions to only show them when certain conditions are met.