Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hierarchy LOAD - Slow changing dimension

Hi guys,

i hope you can help me.

I have a problem with the HIERARCHY in Qlikview.

I have a slow changing table in Qlikview with a recursive Agent relation (please give a look to the attached .xls).

I have to display the agents hierarchy in Qlikview with respect to the time information.

I tried to use the HIERARCHY LOAD but I do not know how to solve with respect to the time information.

What could be the right approach here?

Thanks for the hints,

Patric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

i found the solution on my problem.

So I just wanted to share how I approached the problem:

1. Extracted days from the From -> To Period through the IntervalMatch Function and created a full calendar Agent to SPV table
  2. Filtered only the monthend Dates from the created table
  3. For every monthend date I created a Hierarchy Agent Table (used the concatenate prefix to have one resulting Hierarchy Table) -> in this table we have also the Date Field + AgentID
  4. Created concatenated key field Date + AgentID

In this way I have always the right snapshot of the hierarchy in a given time period.

You can find my app as attachment

Regards,

Patric

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

first of all thanks for your answer.

I checked your attached .qvw file and I the problem which I also encountered in my solution is that the records in the table with the whole hierarchy are always duplicated. See my attached .qvw with the selected agentID 10000082.

If you apply a time filter, e.g. Year 2015 AND Month Feb, in the hierarchy table only one record should be displayed.

In that period the supervisor of 10000082 were 11000000 only, not 1000000 too !

Regards,

Patric

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

i found the solution on my problem.

So I just wanted to share how I approached the problem:

1. Extracted days from the From -> To Period through the IntervalMatch Function and created a full calendar Agent to SPV table
  2. Filtered only the monthend Dates from the created table
  3. For every monthend date I created a Hierarchy Agent Table (used the concatenate prefix to have one resulting Hierarchy Table) -> in this table we have also the Date Field + AgentID
  4. Created concatenated key field Date + AgentID

In this way I have always the right snapshot of the hierarchy in a given time period.

You can find my app as attachment

Regards,

Patric