Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hierarchy

Hi all,

I have a confusion ....If Hierarchy can be implemented through pivot table easily ,why Hierarchy option in script is given .

Is it for some other purpose???

please give an example how to implement it in script.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I hope, this is better for your understanding.

Your table is the pivot table on the right side. If you have your data in this form like your table in the word-doc, you don't need the hierachry in the script.

The hierarchy you need, if yor table looks like the first inline-table, where only the direct neigbours are one row, for example DL - Stationary. The next row is Stationary - Marker, the next one is Stationary - Pen, the next one is Stationary - Notepad, and so on.

Vicky

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Good morning,

Sometime you have a table with son, parent and pieces.

You need for product A the materials B, C and D.

For B you have tot have the materials E and F, for D G, H and I.

The table would be like this:

A - B - 1

A - C - 2

A - D - 2

B - E - 4

B - F - 1

D - G - 2

D - H - 3

D - I - 2

Now the question is, what do you need for product A.

4x E

1x F

2x C

4x G

6x H

4x I

I have build up the example of the german manual with some changes. See attached file.

Regards

vicky

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for quick response..

I am attaching a sheet with my doubts.

Now can you tell me how to build hierarchy for this simple example .The example you gave is quite complex to understand.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I hope, this is better for your understanding.

Your table is the pivot table on the right side. If you have your data in this form like your table in the word-doc, you don't need the hierachry in the script.

The hierarchy you need, if yor table looks like the first inline-table, where only the direct neigbours are one row, for example DL - Stationary. The next row is Stationary - Marker, the next one is Stationary - Pen, the next one is Stationary - Notepad, and so on.

Vicky

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot.

Will take your help for sure in coming future.Extremely helpful.