cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Historical Backlog

Hi,

I have this table in Business Objects which is showing the number of Open tickets and closed over the last 13 monthx and the backlog for each month of those 13 months. I'm trying to have the same one in QlikView:

backlog-westbury-20170417-01.PNG

Here are the expressions I created for the Open (new) and Closed. But I can't get my head around how to the backlog:

New:

=Count(

TOTAL <ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear>

{<

ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear={

'>=$(=date(AddMonths(ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear,-12),'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=date(ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear,'MMM-YYYY'))'

},

PRDateType={'PROpenDate'}

>}

ID

)

Closed:

=Count(

TOTAL <ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear>

{<

ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear={

'>=$(=date(AddMonths(ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear,-12),'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=date(ProblemCanonicalDateMonthYear,'MMM-YYYY'))'

},

PRDateType={'PRCloseDate'}

>}

ID

)

I've read multiple articles and discussions but I failed to apply a logic behind calculating the backlog historically.

Kindly help me get this done.

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

vinieme12

Were you able to look into my reply?

Thank you,

Ibrahim

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Looking into it.

but what is the logic for initial backlog?

for example how did we arrive at 44 Backlog for 2015/06

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The [Initial Backlog] counts the number of problem IDs extracted from the query "Open in Period". This query is formed of the following fields:

• Problem ID
  • Open Time (Month/Year)

As explained in an earlier post, the query criteria are the following:

• (Close Time is Null, OR Close Time is within the selected month OR the preceding 13 months of that selected month), AND
  • (Open Time is within the selected month OR the preceding 13 months of that selected month)

I'm sorry that I am not making myself clear enough but this is the maximum I can do to explain. The problem is that I'm not very technical and I've got into this field 4 months only. All I'm doing is self learning before taking it to the next step of a business case to the management.

Vitali
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did you manage to get anything new on this topic @Anonymous?