Not applicable

Horizontal alignment of line values in Combination Chart

Hi everyone,

i have a combination chart with 2 Dimensions:
1. Product group
2. Month

Additionally i have 2 Formulas:
1. Sum of product values (show as bars)
2. Sum of product marginal return (show as line)

The bars are displayed correctly. One bar for each month in one bar-group for each product-group.

Here is the problem: The values of the line (formula 2) are not horizontally aligned in the centers of the single bars but in the centers of the bar-groups. So the single line-values for every single month are all together displayed in one vertical line above the product-group.

How can i get the chart to display the values of the line where they really relate to: the month - not the product-group?

Thanks to all for your help

error loading image

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

This is possibly something to play with Presentation or Axis. Can the application be uploaded with sample data?

Regards, tresesco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd like to upload a .qvw and .xls file. How can i do this? Looks like the "insert media"-button only allows to upload pictures or something like this.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

instead of clicking Quick Reply, click on Reply, you would find three tabs there, go to second tab(Options); there you would find the option for attachment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here you are

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

and the sample application...

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

There was a thread on something very similar yesterday. It looks like a QlikView bug to me. The two suggested workarounds were to use either a trellis chart or to concatenate the two dimensions into one.

One extra complication with concatenating dimensions in your case is that the line would then be drawn between groups, not just within groups. That can be fixed with an appropriate background color expression though.

Both workarounds attached.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help.

Both workarounds are possible and work like they expected. I'd prefer the solution with the concatenated dimensions.

Could you please post the background expression which is needed, because i can't open the attached sample file (at the moment i'm testing qlikview for our company with the personal edition)? In which field of the property-window do i have to set the expression?

Is there a way beyond to define dynamic bar groups within 1 dimension?

Again thanks for your help!!

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I haven't thought of other options for defining dynamic bar groups within 1 dimension. Here's how to split up the line so it doesn't cross groups, and showing the resulting chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Works well!

Thank you!