Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Horizontal scrollbar on straight table with 1 Expression and 200+ Dimensions?

I'm unable to add a horizontal scrollbar in my qlikview file on a straight table.

I tried the solution given in http://community.qlik.com/message/275236#275236

The MATERIAL is my expression and it is on the left like told in the explenation.

But this is not working for me. I will have +-200 Dimensions set in a conditional Hide when selecting something From PRODUCT.

See image for example:

snap.jpg

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I didn't read the thread you pointed to, so my apologies if this is repeating something in there.

The only way I know to achieve this is to move all of your dimensions into expressions, for whatever reason (I think its a bug, but QlikTech don't), the horizontal scroll bar won't appear when you have many dimensions, but it will if you have many expressions.

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that it will take a lot of time to create the table. because they are all calculated.

That's why I tried the solution from the qlikview staff. But that isnt working.

Not applicable
Author

Anny persons with an answer?

Not applicable
Author

i got the same issue, did you find any better solution?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Nope i did not find anny solution yet. I Think i just need to wait for a newer version.

chrissurguine
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have a solution which works under certain circumstances. In the Caption tab, you set the width of the table to something smaller than the table width. So if the table is 3000 wide, set it to 1000. Then when you publish the document to the web, it will use the smaller width (1000), including horizontal scroll bar.

The catch is that every time you adjust the table - adding a column, removing, whatever, you will also have to change the width of the table back to the smaller width.

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Finally you gave me the solution! Have been working around with this for days. Thank you so much!