Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

¿How To Create Qlikview Application (QWs) Using Another Application (QWs)?

Dear friends,

Is possible to create Qlikview Application using another Qlikview Application based on data selection?

Business Case:

1. I going to have a especial table with data from sales for different products. (Every Month can appear new products)

2. For every product I have to create 3 application with different views.

3. The user can select special products and only generate the application for the selected products..

Its possible to do that?

Thank for your recommendation.

Best Regards.

Carlos

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes that can be achieved in several ways.

The most obvious I would say is to have one application that is a master application.

For every update you could save three different versions of it where you reduce that data

especially for each version and you remove for instance all sheets that should belong to only

one application.

This could be done manually with any version of QlikView or you could automate most or all of it

using either macros and or data reduction with QlikView Publisher if you aquire the license for that.

The macros you could do with any license.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer Petter, I think is difficult to use only one master application because use differents dimensions, grapht and messures, for three differents markets analysis for each product. I think that I can create three differents FACT tables on QVD Files and for each QVD create a new application, but I need to automate this application creation. Can you provide me and example of QVW creation using macros, because I never use Macros on Qlik Apps.

Best Regards and thanks again for your help !