cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digichap28
Creator
Creator

How can I assign a License ?

Im trying to assign a license to one pc (qlikview personal edition) which isnt in the same network as the QV server. The CAL named was already assigned to the user but when I try with "open in server" with the Server URL, user and password I get the error "Connected to server ok, security settings denies access".

Is it a MUST having the pc in the same network as the server ? otherwise, what could be happening ?

By the way, the qlikview access point is visible and I connect to it using the credentials im using for the "open in server"

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
digichap28
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks all you for showing up and trying to help. I appreciate it a lot !

This issue has been solved already. The client provided the wrong server url 😕
I got myself stucked into this simple error for almost 1 day. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lalitkgehlot89
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Diego,

As per my Knowledge, at the time of assigning a license to the PC. That should be in same network as server.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Diego,

If possible, Can you please share screen shot. and the process which you applying before ....!

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not in the same network, meaning that you are on a different subnet? That shouldn't be a problem as you are able to access the AccessPoint.

Is port 4747 open in the firewall of your QlikView server?

Peter

digichap28
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks all you for showing up and trying to help. I appreciate it a lot !

This issue has been solved already. The client provided the wrong server url 😕
I got myself stucked into this simple error for almost 1 day.