Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzel404
Creator
Creator

How can I use the correct linest_b linest_m function ?

Hi all,

I calculate a turnover and I want a projection if the turnover for the month doesn't exist.

I use the linest_b and linest_m function but I have bars for the linest function on the month where I have the data.

I only want the projection for month where I don't have data like : Month = 11,12.

Is there a big difference between Linest_b, linest_m and the average of the 6 last month ?

I don't want the red bar on Month 1 to 9 but a projection only on the 11 and 12 month thus the legend don't correspond with the colour of bar chart.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

To calculate a linear regression you need both the linest_m and linest_b functions. A linear regression line is defined by an expression y=mx+b. The linest_m calculates the m value, i.e. the slope of the line. The linest_b calculates the b, i.e. the y-value where the regression line intersects the y-axis.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

To calculate a linear regression you need both the linest_m and linest_b functions. A linear regression line is defined by an expression y=mx+b. The linest_m calculates the m value, i.e. the slope of the line. The linest_b calculates the b, i.e. the y-value where the regression line intersects the y-axis.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand