Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can green selection indicators show on straight tables?

I have a straight table that includes two dimensions and several expressions. If I make a selection and filter on the first dimension, a green circle selection indicator will show up next to the column header. However, if I make a selection on the second dimension, a green indicator does NOT show up next to the column header. Why does this indicator show up when the first dimension is selected but not the second? How can I change the table properties so that the selection indicator shows up in both columns when something selections are made on both dimensions?

In the Presentation tab of the table properties, the 'Selection Indicator' is checked.

Additionally, in a different table with the SAME two dimensions, the selection indicator DOES show up for the second dimension, so I am not sure why it works for some tables and not for others. Is it related to the expressions that are used in each table?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

If you use a calculated dimension then the indicator is disappearing when making selections.

If you just use the fieldname as dimension then the indicator is visible when making selections.

so avoid using calculated dimension and try to use set analysis to filter in your expressions then you should be able to see all the green indicators of your dimension when making selections

hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Frank, really appreciate the response. None of the dimensions are calculated, either in the tables where the indicator is showing and the ones where it's not showing. They use the field name as the dimension.

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Strange! Which Version are u using?

Im using 11.20 SR12 and for me its like the way i described above....

Not applicable
Author

I'm using 11.20 SR10, I wonder if it's a glitch in the program...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You might have a comment next to the dimension. Qlik considers it the same as a calculated dimension, even if it is not.