Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i calculate growth rate?

Hi everyone,

I have time series data, saved as variable X(t), As you know it varies by time. So I want to calculate the growth rate for X(t) month by month! But it does not work in Qlikview!!

And the my time format is not compatible with Qlik time format!!

The growth rate=(X(t)-X(t-1))/X(t-1)

I would appreciate it if some one could give me some pieces of advice.

Thank you in advance

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi and thank you.

yes I want to create a gauge chart to show the growth rate that you calculate.

best regards,

Zahra

sunny_talwar

Do you want to see the growth rate for the most recent period on a gauge chart? Is that what you requirement is?

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Trying to get this?

Capture.PNG

PFA the sample file.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sunny

thank you for your kind help.

I tried to make the gauge, but it didn't work.

I think I should use If() and rowno() functions, but It shows the 0 in the gauge!

best regards,

Zahra

sunny_talwar

What numbers are you trying to show in your gauge chart? Until and unless I know what your expected output needs to be, I won't be able to help.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Hi and thanks a lot,

I want to show the value growth rate (month by month) in gauge chart. I want to see the monthly value growth rate in the gauge, when I filter the date. for example when I select the year 92 and the month 3, it shows -.64% and when It isn't filtered, the gauge show the last growth rate data (-.25%). And the year and the month are separated in two different columns.

regards,

Zahra

sunny_talwar

Here you go:

When selection is made (Year = 92 and Month 03)

Capture.PNG

When no selection made

Capture.PNG

Attaching the qvw for your reference.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sunny,

I defined some variables to made such gauge! but wonderfully you made this very easily and simply! That is great!

I really appreciate all the help you gave me.

Best Regards,

Zahra

sunny_talwar

Not a problem

I am glad I was able to help. I would ask you, that if you got the answer you were please mark the correct answer as well any helpful answers to close the thread.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sunny,

I have another problem in calculating growth rate year by year, It means that for example (value of (year 93 and month 3) / value of (year 92 and month 3))-1.

I did this using defining some variables but I would appreciate it if you let me know that if there is a way to calculate this without defining any variable.

Thank you in advance,

Zahra