Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i restrict selectons??

hi all

i have created qv document based on fields (year,month,name).here if you make any selections year and month listboxes then only we can allow to make selections on name and otherwise don't make selections on name list box first.i need to show we select name listbox first without making selections on year and month then don't make allow selections on name listbox.

i attached qlikview document below please check.

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

May be like this.

You need to select a value from month and year to display field.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

hi ashfaq my requirement is if we make selections on year and month then only we can make selections on name list box otherwise don't  allow selections on  name list.how can we make???

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

As QlikView is associate model you cannot do that with the current model.

Regards

ASHFAQ

amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Right click on list box which you want to restrict selection --> Properties --> in General tab tick the 'Read Only'

Thanks

Amila

Not applicable
Author

hi if i select readonly then i can't make selectons on that but i need make selections when i select year and month.if won't select those then it is fine

amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Hi

Try with 'Override Locked field' and then right click on selection field --> Locked

Thanks

Amila