Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can we link two qvw files?

Hi.......

Please suggest me how can we link two qvw files...............if from one qvw file , i open another one then the objects of another qvw file gets open in the same sheet of first qvw file..............I m able to do it but it is opening in the another sheet........so plz help me in this context...........

thnx in advance...............

4 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'm not 100% sure as to what you're trying to do but it is possible to 'link' multiple Qlikview documents. You can create a button with an Action; External > Oopen Qlikview Document, you can set to Transfer State and open the new document in the same window. Obviously you need to have similar fields between the 2 .qvw's for the transferred state to be meaningful.

You can't as far as I know pass actual objects via any built in QV method (it may be possible with a macro), you can however copy chart objects between .qvw's without too much trouble: right-click, Copy to Clipboard, Object followed by Paste Object.

Hope that goes some way to help,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Qlikview Design Blog: http://QVDesign.wordpress.com

Not applicable
Author

Thanx for replying Matthew..........I hv already done this...........but what i want that the 2nd qvw file should open in the same sheet (sheet of 1st qvw file)................it is opening in the another sheet..........can u suggest something on this?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying Matt..........I hv already done this..........But waht i want that the 2nd qvw file opens in the same sheet of 1st qvw file rather than in the different sheet.............can u suggest something on  this?

bkn
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Kumar, Did you solve this requirement?