cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

How copy text from textbox?

I have added the text box to my document.

I want to copy text from this box text into my tablet. But I can’t do it.

The text is highlighted, then the QV menu appears (properties, notes that I do not need at all).

But I just want to copy text from my test box via a mobile device (android, chrome). Does anyone know how to do this basic action?
There is no such problem in the desktop, I just select the text and press ctrl + c.

In the iPhone, I did it easily in chrome.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I tried to test against demo.qlik.com/qlikview, but I cannot get anything to open on my Note10, so I cannot even try to test at the moment.  I will try again on Monday when I am back in the office and let you know what I see.  You can try the demo site too if you want to see if you experience the same thing or not, but I should be able to try a local app on my work machine at that point too, I am on VPN today, and I think that is messing with things unfortunately.  If I forget to shout back Monday, feel free to leave me a message here to remind me, but I am leaving my email reminder, so just a matter of getting back to it on Monday and letting you know.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

So I am still not able to open an app via the Demo site, once I can get that part resolved, I will check on the selection stuff, but given the issue I am having, it seems there may be something going on, my hunch would be potentially may have to do with Chrome browser app, but not sure yet.  Will update as I get more info.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think we have figured out the Demo site issue, and I forgot I could access my local instance on my laptop... After tweaking firewall settings, was able to get into it from my Note 10, and I can get into an app and hit a text object, but I want to explain what I am seeing and see if you can confirm this is what you are seeing too.  Basically, the underlying issue is being able to grab the selection extenders to select the text and then choose Copy, at least that is the problem I am having.  You do need to click and hold on the text object until the menu appears, which in my case is showing Properties and Copy options, but when I try to make my selection, the menu disappears, so if that is what you are experiencing, just let me know.  Is it possible for you to create a support case if so?  I can submit things, but the weighting is going to be problematic, if there is a case behind things, that will help push the weighting.  Sorry this has taken me so long to get tested, shout back when you can.

Regards,
Brett