Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I add more detailed data for a specific transaction?

Hi,

I'm new to QlikView and have a quick question. I'm putting together a personal profit/loss application from my bankaccounts and have all the data in Excel docs provided by my banks. I want to be able to see what my expenses are and categorize these.

I have the following structure:

TransactionDate Transaction Amount Balance Account

In my excel sheet for my billing account I would have a Transaction stating that I paid my MasterCard bill.

Example:

10-02-10 MasterCard -2000 14000 Billing

Now in my excel sheet for my masterCard I have more details about this transaction (Since it's a credit card I don't have Balance)

10-01-10 Gas 500

10-01-10 Groceries 1500

Is there a way in QlikView to get this detailed data in an associative way or do I have to copy paste in my excel sheets to get it to work?

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unless you have some kind of relation between the transaction and the transaction details I think it'll be tricky to connect it in QlikView. Since the transaction date is not matching you don't really have a lot to go on unless there's some kind of ID# or similar. Might be possible to create some kind of link programatically depending on what the Excel files look like but not really based on the information provided as far as I can tell.