Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I convert/create a qvd to qwv?

Hello everyone,

I've been working with qlik sense for a while now and have just started with Qlikview. I have a couple of qvd files and want to convert them to qwv, so that I can load them into qlikview, but I don't know how to do it. Anyone up to sharing their knowledge with me? 😃

How do I convert/create a qvd to qwv?

Sincerely,

Betty

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello guys,

It turned out to be much easier than I thought. I didn't have to convert anything. I just had to go to edit script mode and choose the button "Table file" and choose whatever file I wanted (including QVD files), haha! Wish I'd known this earlier

Sincerely,

Betty

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Load QVD to QVW..! same as you load Excel files to QVW.

Or you can create a data model by loading QVDs to QVW and after that use this QVW to another QVW as Binary Load.

Not applicable
Author

I've never actually loaded excel to qvd before, haha! How do I go about?

Sincerely,

Betty

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Betty,

Here is few links which will help you to understand that.

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-qvd-files/

QlikView #011 Loading Data - 02 Storring A QVD file - YouTube

LOAD data into QlikView

Regards,

KaushikSolanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you! I'll take a look at them 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Betty,

Please see the below, it should help

QVD, QVW and QVX

Not applicable
Author

Hello guys,

It turned out to be much easier than I thought. I didn't have to convert anything. I just had to go to edit script mode and choose the button "Table file" and choose whatever file I wanted (including QVD files), haha! Wish I'd known this earlier

Sincerely,

Betty