Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I export a theme in QlikView 9?

Hello my friends, okay?

Lately I have been developing in an application and created a certain style (theme), which I use as a standard for other projects. But I tried anyway to export this style, and go to another QlikView document and apply it, but I did not succeed in doing so.

I know that if I copy an object of this project, and paste into another project, you can get almost any style applied to it, but I wanted to create themes, as well as faster, it is best to share with other company employees .

Grateful now.
Patrick Maciel

/ / Sorry for my English, I am Brazilian and I'm not fluent in it. Search I'm using the translator, kk.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Patrick,

if you have a design of your choice defined with an QV application you are able to create your own theme.

There are three parts of it:

- Object Level (Properties => Layout tab => Theme Maker: Create a new theme)

- Sheet Level (General tab => Theme Maker: use here MODIFY EXISTING THEME)

- Document Level (Settings => Document properties => Layout => Theme Maker: Modify as in the step above)

Open a QV document (application) and go to Settings => Document properties => Layout => Apply your defined theme.

And it will work.

Good luck!

Rainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Patrick,

if you have a design of your choice defined with an QV application you are able to create your own theme.

There are three parts of it:

- Object Level (Properties => Layout tab => Theme Maker: Create a new theme)

- Sheet Level (General tab => Theme Maker: use here MODIFY EXISTING THEME)

- Document Level (Settings => Document properties => Layout => Theme Maker: Modify as in the step above)

Open a QV document (application) and go to Settings => Document properties => Layout => Apply your defined theme.

And it will work.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Rainer, thank you for answering.

I will try to do what you said above, but I think I did that and did not work.

Wait for my return.

Thank you very much.

Not applicable
Author

Rainer, tried to do what you said had success in just a few steps.

Explaining:
- For me to create a complete theme (style sheet, object style and document style), in this case the "document properties", I'm not getting inherit any property, or when I will apply the theme nothing happens.

- When I create a theme for the "folder / sheet", it works perfectly.

- When I create a theme for the "object", it works perfectly.

- I can just create separate themes (own / specific), and not a theme FULL.

In general, subjects created by the "document", or themes "complete" is not being applied in the document correctly.

Remember: I'm using Google translator, sorry for my English.