Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get QlikView to actually start using the available RAM on my machine?

I'm developing a QVW and running ino the message "Allocated memory exceeded" on a chart.  During the development process I have everything running on my desktop (with 8 GB of RAM).  There is plenty of available RAM yet QlikView is not utilizing it.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  See the attached Word doc with screen shots. 

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

The settings for working set are for qlikview as application itself. At your are objects which have not enough RAM. This could be changed in user properties in tab objects (top right). This are global settings and there are another (somewhere - actually I don't know) dependencies.

Best solution is most, these default settings not to change else to optimize the calculation in these object - avoiding from nested if-loops especially by calculations about string-values, date-formatting and so on - an to use in load pre-calculated fields.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus.  I'll have to see what I can do as far as eliminating some of the calculations in the .qvw and creating pre-calculated values in the .qvd.  Appreciate your assistance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks and let me try with your suggestion.

Regards,

Thiru