Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

**** How do I know about Lincense Information ****

Dear All,

Our company uses QlikView and I wanted to know what kind of License we have? Also wanted to know if we have QlikView Publisher Lincese and edition of QlikView Installation...

Please let me know if we can use a function to check this information (As we do in SQL Server).

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to the Enterprise Management Console, System, Licenses. You have there QlikView Publisher and Server. Clicking on any of those will open a right side with further information about the license type.

There is no function to get that information so far.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to the Enterprise Management Console, System, Licenses. You have there QlikView Publisher and Server. Clicking on any of those will open a right side with further information about the license type.

There is no function to get that information so far.

Hope that helps.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thank you very much for quick response. I had followed your instructions and this is what I see on my screen.

Type Name
QlikView Publisher XXXX
QlikView Server XXXX

So, this means that we have QV Publisher license as well right? Also I wanted to learn more about QV Publisher, please can you guide me to documentation?

Thanks again!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

That means that the Server, since version 9, comes together with the Publisher. If you click on QlikView Publisher you will see on the right side the LEF (License Enablement File) content, or empty, if it's not registered, because you may have a license but you may have not registered the Publisher. Same when clicking on the Server.

I recommend you to download the Server Reference Manual, where more detailed information about licensing, different licenses and Publisher is available.

Hope that helps.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Miguel - This is very useful information. Thank you very much!

As always you are great help 🙂