Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I promote and demote fields in a Tablebox quickly?

I often create a tablebox for the QlikView files I make. I use the table box properties window to arrange the fields in the table box as seen below.

fields.PNG

My question is whether there is any other way to promote and demote fields besides using the promote and demote buttons. For example, in the picture above if I wanted to move the field mgr_mi to be the first field I would have to select and press the promote button about 10 times. Is there an easier way to do this? I tried just clicking and dragging the field, but that didn't work. A send to the top button would also be useful. Sometimes I have 30+ fields I am trying to arrange and the promote and demote buttons become cumbersome. Is there a better way that I am unaware of?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Mark first to last -1(with Shift) and demote. You can also use Drag Drop on the object, not in the properties, but if you have a scrollbar it dont work well.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Mark first to last -1(with Shift) and demote. You can also use Drag Drop on the object, not in the properties, but if you have a scrollbar it dont work well.