Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I show all values on data points

How do I show all values on data points in a bar chart even when there isn't enough room.  In the chart below some values are not appearing (dark blue segment of chart - 'special programmes').  Can I force it to appear?

New Picture (3).jpg

7 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Hi Greg,

I think this would only work if you set the textsize of the values to a lower level than the existing textsize!

Cheers

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

QV will not place the text if the space is too small. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to override that behaviour. Your other option is to play with text on the axis or to sort the data so that the small bar is at the top (you may need to turn off text in bars).

You could also create a text only expression that contains all the amounts. Turn off text for all expressions except this one and turn this one on (use a combo chart and turn off bar, line and symbol) You will need to turn off text in bars.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

You can show the values outside data points. That may solve your problem.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

can u try by creating y-axis2 and show the special program values exp on tht axis.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Aman.  How do I do that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How do I create a y-axis2?

Thanks

Greg

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

for 2nd expression (special program) calculations from AXES tab choose the POSITION Right(Top).

hopes it makes the difference.