Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do i create a range of hours from my data set

Goodafternoon Community,

I am a starter in Qlikview and am just starting out my with my first(simple) report. I have a data set with time and what i would like to do is to pick out the earliest time and add an hour to it. So basically i will have a range and count the amount of incidents between those two times.

Dimension     Measures

07:00-08:00     10

09:00-10:00     5

11:00-12:00     9

I have attached my qvw and every help/advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to create a field that shows hour values calculated from a time or timestamp field, use Hour() function to transform your data, don't format your time values using Time() function (which will only change the text representation, not the underlying value of the dual value).

Data Types in QlikView

Get the Dates Right

Why don’t my dates work?

LOAD

Hour(TimeField) as Hour,

Then you can use the Hour field as dimension and use a distinct count of your incident ID as expression.

2016-08-19 23_45_20-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_HMS Bezoekersregistratie ABS.qvw_].png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to create a field that shows hour values calculated from a time or timestamp field, use Hour() function to transform your data, don't format your time values using Time() function (which will only change the text representation, not the underlying value of the dual value).

Data Types in QlikView

Get the Dates Right

Why don’t my dates work?

LOAD

Hour(TimeField) as Hour,

Then you can use the Hour field as dimension and use a distinct count of your incident ID as expression.

2016-08-19 23_45_20-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_HMS Bezoekersregistratie ABS.qvw_].png

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

You are a lifesaver, thank you very much. I am going to read on what you sent me too in order to get better. Have a lovely weekend.