Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do incremental refresh QVD's will work with QlikVIew upgrade and migration

Dear experts,

We are in the process of upgrading QlikView from 11.2 to 12.3 and migrating to new servers at the same time. 

As part of this, we have acquired new servers and a file share then copying all the data from old server to new server but the main issue is we have over 5TB of data includes all qvw, qvd files, logs etc and copy process is taking over few weeks. Could you please help answer below questions.

1) Do we need to copy all qvd files or just qvw files copying will work?

2) Assuming if we need qvd files too, let's say my copy process (from old share to new share) will run two weeks but by then if there are qvws/qvds that gets refreshed on an incremental basis, what happens to those apps when I do my cut over new servers? Do those apps miss data from two weeks? How this can be resolved.

Any help greatly appreciated. Please advise.

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe you should be fine to start things, as if something is missing, the task will just fail and reset to the next scheduled occurrence etc., so should be no harm, although if source docs are missing, those tasks will show as orphaned until the source docs do get written to the folder just FYI, and there may be a bit of a lag in things catching up, so even though the file is there, it may take the environment a little extra time to scan and confirm and then show things as active etc.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Awesome. Thanks Brett for your valuable suggestions.