Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do we force X axis values to display

Hi

I have values 1,2,3,4 displayed on the X axis, each number has some metrics to display, for select dates, for some dates there is no data for 1 and 2 , so when i select that date only 3 and 4 are selected.Is there a way where i can display 1,2,3,4 on x axis with showing data for 3 and 4 ?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Ah, adding that to my example, it looks like that's what breaks it. Probably the problem is that QlikView then has no idea what the concept of "All Values" is, because it isn't storing a master list for your calculated dimension like it does for real fields. Yes, I think adding a real field should solve the problem. It fixes it in my example, anyway. See updated version attached.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe checkmark "Show All values" on the Dimensions tab and/or uncheck "Suppress Zero-Values" and/or "Suppress Missing" on the Presentation tab?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is not working 😞

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Works for me for a simple example. See attached. So I've probably misunderstood the question. Can you post an example of it not working?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

oh wait , i am sorry i am mistaken , i actually have a calculated condition as my dimension , out of values 1-5 i do not want 5 to be displayed so i have

=IF(myfield<>'5',myfield)

do you think i need to have something like this in load script than in the expression?to diplay all values except 5 ?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Ah, adding that to my example, it looks like that's what breaks it. Probably the problem is that QlikView then has no idea what the concept of "All Values" is, because it isn't storing a master list for your calculated dimension like it does for real fields. Yes, I think adding a real field should solve the problem. It fixes it in my example, anyway. See updated version attached.