Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How many fact tables will be there in star schema?

How many fact tables will be there in star schema?if it is more then one how to make them connected.

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In general we should have one star schema to make avoid many associations.

You can have more than one fact table as Jagan said.

BR/Chinna Katiki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey..

It is just to avoid the confusion about what type of fact data you are reading into your UI..it is a best practice to differentiate the fact data if both fact tables are having similar kind of column structure.

Regards,

Chinna

Not applicable
Author

Nice replay

alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II

hello @jagan 

This scheme it's really interesting for me.

Actually I have the problem that I build a model with more fact table.

This is the link at the post in the qlik forum...
https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Star-schema-suggestion/m-p/1929149#M205415

can you help me?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

This is going to be an Unpopular Opinion, but I disagree with comments stating that a Star Schema can only have ONE Fact table

As long as your Model Resembles a STAR its a STAR schema

If your Model Resembles a SNOWFLAKE its a SNOWFLAKE schema

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
MiguelHathaway
Contributor II
Contributor II

You should not connect fact tables directly. If it's the same transaction, combine the fact tables in a single one. Otherwise find the dimension that allow you to Analyse them both simultaneously

alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II

I believe that the scheme proposed by @jagan is quite functional. The fact tables cannot be linked together because they are too different production factors and different traces.

In the @jagan model there is 2 table fact connected to more dimension table...
With this method the star scheme it will have a heart (made up of one or more table facts) and then the dimensions tables. 

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

@jagan If both the FACT table have different data as in your diagram is that also is considered as Star Schema? Generally they say Star Schema can have only one FACT table. Please confirm...