Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Calculate Volume Growth in trend chart

Hi All, I wants to show Volume growth in the line chart. Months / Weeks are on the X axis. Please suggest the solution. Regards, Manish Virmani

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All, Please suggest. I have Aug2015,July2015,......July2014 months on my X axis. And I am showing Volume in the chart. But not able to understand how to show Volume growth (Aug 2015 -July2015)/July2015 on Aug month , (July2015-June2015 / June 2015) on July month , (June2015-May2015 / May 2015) on June month and so on in the line chart. Regards, Manish Virmnai

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use this expression

(sum(Volume)-Above(sum(Volume)))/Above(sum(Volume))

But you have to take care of signal and also ,as a suggestion, I recommend solve the synthetic key problem in your's app to avoid errors and let the app more quick.

Best Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mauri Thank you for your reponse. When i am using "(sum(Volume)-Above(sum(Volume)))/Above(sum(Volume))" in the straight table it is giving me the correct output. But in the chart it is not. In the chart it is assigning 'Brand A' value to the above Brand. If above brand placed in the dataset is 'All other Comp' then it is assigning the value of Brand A = 'All other Comp'. Not Month1= "" Month2= Month1 Month3= Month2 Month4= Month3 ... Month12= Month11

Regards,

Manish Virmani

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

I understand the problem, It's because you're working with two dimensions in the chart. The function 'above'  is getting the value of others brands for the same period, but I don't know if there is a easy way to solve, maybe with aggregation. I don't know for sure, I will try here.

Best Regards