Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to NOT Dolar Expand

Hello Everyone

I want to create a QlikView chart expresion library using the include function. This way I can centralise all the variables containing the chart expressions to diferent qlikviews with similar dataset.

I have a lot of functions depending one from the other variables (containing either functions and set analysis ) and I want to keep this dependece when the variables are loaded.

Lets say I have this expression

set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {"$(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)

and the user is able to set the value of vTimeDiff on the qlikview so if $(vTimeDiff) expands on the script, then it will be imposble for the user to change the outcome of this expresion. (I know, TimeDiff is a dimension on QV but selecting this dimension might affect other expresions)

I tried:

set vTimeDiff = 'Test'

1 Try:      set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {"$(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings) 

1 Result: sum( {< TimeDiff = {"$('Test')"}>} NoOfThings)

2 Try:     set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {"chr(36)(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)                -- Use The Chr expresion

2 Result:     set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {"chr(36)(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)           -- Not Expanded

3 Try:     set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {" '&chr(36)&'(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)        -- Use The Chr expresion

3 Result:     set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {" '&chr(36)&'(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)   -- Not Expanded

4 Try:     set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {" '&$(chr(36))&'(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)    --- Force Chr expansion

4 Result:     set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {" '&&'(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)               --- Got empty value

5 Try:       set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {"vDolar(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)                --- Use a vDollar = '$'

5 Result:   set Sum_Thigs_TimeSeparation =  sum( {< TimeDiff = {"vDolar(vTimeDiff)"}>} NoOfThings)               --- Not Expanded

All tryes with "Let" failed vecause QlikView tryes to sum.

Any Suggestion?

1 Solution
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny. This one "Stop Dollar Sign Expansion in the script (Escape Character ??? )" was really usefull