Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Remove Total & Sub Total from One Column in Pivot Table?

Hi all,

This is likely a simple problem to solve for the QlikView experts out there.

I am looking for the a way (or the best way) to remove sub totals and the total from one column in a multi-column pivot table.

I searched for some time now, but can't find anyone that has actually needed to remove sub totals from only one column.

The pivot table in question looks something like this:

Product TypeYearQuarterProducts from Previous YearNew ProductsNo. Product Sold

A

2011+32300

2012+72600

2013+53100
TOTAL

B2011+45100

2012+45200

2013+45300
TOTAL

C2011+23200

2012+23200

2013+23200
TOTAL

How would I therefore go about to remove (or hide) the Totals for the column "Products from Previous Year" while the other Totals are still displayed?

I am still new to QlikView and have inhereted a major project, and trying to find my way still.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use dimensionality() function to check in your expression the level of dimensionality (i.e. if you are in a total or details line), something like

= if (dimensionality() = 2, YOUREXPRESSION)

you'll need to find the correct level of dimensionality for your details line, most easiest by just creating an expression

= dimensionality()

and having a look..

Please refer to the HELP for more details on dimensionality() (and secondarydimensionality() for pivoted dimensions).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use dimensionality() function to check in your expression the level of dimensionality (i.e. if you are in a total or details line), something like

= if (dimensionality() = 2, YOUREXPRESSION)

you'll need to find the correct level of dimensionality for your details line, most easiest by just creating an expression

= dimensionality()

and having a look..

Please refer to the HELP for more details on dimensionality() (and secondarydimensionality() for pivoted dimensions).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response !! 🙂

I had a look at dimensionality already and thought it wouldn't help is it would apply for the entire row, whereas I only wanted to remove the Totals for the one column.

Seems I might need to look at it again :-)?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean with 'would apply for the entire row', dimensionality() is a function you can use in your expression for column 'Products for Previous Year'. You'll need to use a conditional statement (if() function) to return either your numbers or nothing (like an empty string) based on the dimension level. So you'll essentially just prevent QV from showing the numbers on those (sub-)total lines.

There are lots of samples here in the forum (probably also some in the HELP). If you can post a small sample, I assume someone around will be able to help you right away with the expression needed.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again Stefan !!!

I got it to work thanks to you !!

I really appreciate your help !!!

- Rene