Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Set Backround Color of Scatter Chart

I have a snapshot of a scatter chart below then edited in paint to help in visualizing what I want to do. I want the background color of the area with x>= 1.15 and y >= 1.15 to be pink; area with x between 1.05 and 1.15 and y between 1.05 and 1.15 to be yellow; and the rest of chart be green. Is this possible? i tried the Expressions in the Base Color of the Plot Area Color but I couldn't get the formula right.

error loading image

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I am not sure if this is possible to do directly. One workaround is to create the background in an image editor and use that as the frame background (Colors tab).

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm looking at that as my final option because as an image file, it won't adjust to changes in the Scale of the grid lines.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest that you use fixed axis scales for a static background like that, of that's possible.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein