Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Show Stacked Bar Chart as Percentage?

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a stacked bar chart that shows the "mixes" of certain items, relative to the whole.  The graph below is 80% of the answer I want, but the percentages aren't all adding up to 100.  It's showing percentages of the most recent data point. 

graph.png

Basically, I'd like all of the bars to be the same length, and show percentages in them.  This way we can see how the "mixes" of these items change over time. 

The expression is one used to calculate inventory whereby it counts Arrivals and subtracts Sales up until a certain date (I'm showing inventory). 

COUNT({$<DateType={'Arrival'}>} OrderLineID) - COUNT({$<DateType={'Sale'}>} OrderLineID)

This links to a Date Bridge table that looks like the following:

Untitled picture.png

I think I'm really close to achieving what I'm looking for, but I just need to know that one extra step. 

Thank you very much for any and all help!

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

(Count({$<DateType={'Arrival'}>} OrderLineID) - Count({$<DateType={'Sale'}>} OrderLineID))/

Sum(TOTAL <DateField> Aggr(Count({$<DateType={'Arrival'}>} OrderLineID) - Count({$<DateType={'Sale'}>} OrderLineID), DateField, SecondDimension))

Here replace DateField with whatever date dimension you are using in your chart and replace SecondDimension with the second dimension in your chart

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for the excellently formatted answer!  This answer got me closer, but still not quite right.  As you can see, the percentages aren't in reference to the current week.  Or, all the percentages don't add up to 100.  I'd like to have the bars be equal size for each week, and you could easily see the changes in percentages for each particular feature. 

Here is the result using the code you provided.  I think it is along the same lines, a closer answer than I had achieved, but still partially incorrect.  (Why is only the last bar equal to 100%?)

Untitled picture.png

sunny_talwar

Have you unchecked relative on the expression tab for this expression?

Not applicable
Author

If I uncheck relative, then the numbers make no sense at all.  Here see it with only 5 intervals so the numbers are clearer:

Untitled picture.png

Also, please note that this features "Full Accumulation"

sunny_talwar

Oh so you have full accumulation on as well. Would you be able to share a sample to test it out. I think we might have to ditch the full accumulation and use RangeSum(Above()), but exact syntax will have to be tested.

sunny_talwar

Are you happen to be using QV12 by any chance? Will make life so much easier if you are.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Unfortunately due to data sensitivity, I cannot share this document   (In addition to the sensitivity, the underlying data model will pull data in from multiple QVDs that are on a shared drive, etc.)

However, I can share with you the data model and how I have been calculating the time dimension up until now:

If(CanonicalDate <= $(=RangeMin( Max({<Type = {"Inventory"}>} [Arrival Date]),Max({<Type = {"Sales"}>} [Sales Date]) )), if(Type='Weekly',WEEKSTART(CanonicalDate),MonthStart(CanonicalDate)))

(It currently uses the RangeMin function to find out which date is the latest that is shared by both Arrival and Sales Date, this is so my inventory and sales graph line up on the same dates, despite the fact that there might be one but not the other on a given date). (Type is a selector by the user to choose month or week so the graph aggregates by the selected type).

The Data model is shown below.  The other dimension we are using is: RTAD19_WERS_X

I really appreciate your help with this Sunny!

Untitled picture.png

Not applicable
Author

We only have QV11 available

sunny_talwar

If you are using QV12, you can try this:

=(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL (Count({$<DateType={'Arrival'}>} OrderLineID)), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))) - RangeSum(Above(TOTAL (Count({$<DateType={'Sale'}>} OrderLineID)), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))))/

Sum(TOTAL <Date>Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL (Count({$<DateType={'Arrival'}>} OrderLineID)), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))) - RangeSum(Above(TOTAL (Count({$<DateType={'Sale'}>} OrderLineID)), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))), (Date, (NUMERIC)), Dim))

But the portion in Red will only work if you have QV12

The sortable Aggr function is finally here!