Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Trigger a set variable based on USERID

Namaste all

I have successfully implemented section access on my file and uploaded it on the server with the help of you guys..

Please help me with the following trigger settings..

I have implemented section access in my file,

But, I am unable to Trigger a variable based on USERID,

I will explain my scenario.

I have three sheets in my document L1, L2, L3   and i have users user1, user2, user3 and the variable i want to trigger is LineNo.

I want variable LineNo to set to 1 when i open as user1, LineNo=2 when i login as user2 , LineN=3 when i login as user3.

please find the attached qvw file and excel file to check my code and trigger settings..

Please see my if condition, at the trigger->document properties->onopen->set variable

Admin credentials:

Username : Rahul

PAssword : Rahul101

section access is not hidden

Thank you in advance

36 Replies
sunny_talwar

Please mark any responses which helped you as helpful answers. This would help future users in determining what is useful within this thread as they might only look for correct and helpful answer while browsing through a long thread.

Thanks Ganesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunny

Yeah, sure definitely will do.

but i am doing it, i think....

am i not???

sunny_talwar

Mark Kaushik's answer as helpful as you mentioned that the solution can be done using QVUser() as well. The idea is that a person in the future can come in and look for options. If you don't have it marked as helpful, he may miss Kaushik's post. But if you have it marked as helpful, there is a very good chance he will see it and can then decide which option to use.

sunny_talwar

Thank you Ganesh, I really appreciate your time

Not applicable
Author

oh god.

sorry if i gave you wrong impression..

dont say this bro, actually, I always mark the write answers as correct and helpful and reply to the answers before i leave, as i am new to qlikview, i willl make note of all the replies, even after getting the answers.. by keeping in view that would help some other times,

In this thread, i thought, i marked kaushik answer as helpful, after replying him, but i missed it unknowingly(by mistake)..

actually, most of my work i am doing with the help of community only.. marking as just helpful or correct, i dont think , that will balance the help that i am getting from community..

i personally feel i owe a lot to this community and the people who are helping me and trying to help me..

Regards

Ganesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jerry,

The trigger is working fine without using any plugin, after uploading it on to the server.

Thanks

Ganesh

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks Sunny for making a wonderful point which everyone in this community should follow. Its important to make mark helpful answers & correct answers so that other users can check those post and get benefited from that.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!