Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnaamb
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Trigger/not trigger in QMC like a tree design

Hello experts,

May I request you to look into the problem statement and let us know what can be done about this? I'm trying to implement a Tree model solution for this, but I'm stuck. Here is the algorithm.

1. If it is a weekday, check for automatic trigger from source, if trigger is successful -> Do not run the scheduled trigger (2:00 AM), because the job already ran that day.

2. If it is a weekday, check for automatic trigger from source, if trigger didn't happen -> Run the scheduled trigger (2:00 AM).

3. If it is a Saturday, don't do anything.

4. if it is a Sunday, check for automatic trigger from source, if trigger is successful -> Do not run the scheduled trigger (9:00 PM), because the job already ran that day.

5. If it is a Sunday, check for automatic trigger from source, if trigger didn't happen -> Run the scheduled trigger (9:00 AM).

Many thanks for your time,

Ambareesh Jonnavittula

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I would maintain an ETL table(QVD) which will set the flag if the reload is done successfully and I will check this table to decide if reload is needed or not.

To do this you need following steps.

1. In each QVW file at the end of the script you can create/Update a QVD and set the flag.

2. Create another QVW file which will check this QVD and if flag is not updated then run the batch file which will trigger the qvw which you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!