Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to activate object in a container on active sheet

Hello,

I have 2 different objects(graphs) in a container. I want to be able to activate a specific object when go to the sheet it is on.

I have tried with action Activate Object, but i cannot make it work.

Any ideas?

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

This could only be done with macros - see here: How to identify which Object ID is active inside a container

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I dont want to use marcos - It should be possible without.-

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I believe this won't be possible. To activate objects per actions is already difficult if this are single-objects and there are none actions-logic to access an object within a container. I think you will need a compromise between layout and usability.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I think so too . What a shame - They just have to see a random one then! :

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

The only other workaround is if you create something that looks like a container, but is actually just text objects with actions attached to change a variable, then the charts visible depending on the variable.

You could then also set the desired variable when the sheet is activated.

Not applicable
Author

Yes But that is very ugly Ill just keep it to what i have now. However it could have been a nice feature to have.

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

Not sure what you mean by ugly? as you can design it to look the same as a container, but I guess it does create more objects and variables...

Not applicable
Author

By ugly i mean - I will not be the same and yes you have to put extra logic into your report and keep track of variables og more objects. Its not a nice way to do things. I can live with the other.

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

Yeah I agree - not too bad if you only have one or two, but any more is not worth it.

I hope this will be possible in a future version though.