Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add count to the x-axis label?

Hi,

I would like to add group counts to the x-axis label like the screenshot attached. I think dual function can be used in dimension definition, but just do not know how to implement it.

Thanks

Longmatch

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Something like this:

=dual( DimensionName & ' (' & aggr(count(MyField),DimensionName) & ')', DimensionName)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I tried with your idea, but it does not work. Could you please check the sample in the attachment? Thanks

Not applicable
Author

It worked when it changed back to non-continuous axis. However, I do need this feature for continuous axis since the vertical line requires continuous axis. Can we still get it done? Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not very prettily. You can add another expression for the count, make the line invisible and check the option Text on Axis. Looks something like this:

comm74723.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. This solution is working and I will keep looking for other possibilities.

Not applicable
Author

Graph.PNG

Thanks for the great information!  I'm new to Qlikview (still learning).  I'm wondering how you were able to enter the word 'count' on the graph?  I have several graphs that I have counts on the x axis but have yet to figure out how to enter a label like you did?  Thanks!