Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to assign User CAL to user?

Hi,

Can any one explain me how to add user to User CAL in QMC?

Regards,

Krishna.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

System -> Licenses-> Qlikview Server-> Client Access Licenses -> Assigned Cals -> Add required users

To give access to users

QMC -> Documents -> User Documents-> Select the Document-> Authorization-> Click on + Symbol -> Select Named Users and add the required users.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Krishna,

For assigning user cal go to below steps:

QMC-> System-> Licences-> Qlikview server -> in Assigned cal-> go and add users here.

After this go to the documents->user documents  and assign those users to the applications

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

System -> Licenses-> Qlikview Server-> Client Access Licenses -> Assigned Cals -> Add required users

To give access to users

QMC -> Documents -> User Documents-> Select the Document-> Authorization-> Click on + Symbol -> Select Named Users and add the required users.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan garu,

I am unable to add users to Assigned cals in QMC,

I am unable to add users in Manage users,

when i search for user name i am not finding any of my users here..

users.PNG

I have created three users in sever by going to local users and group on windows server 2008 ,

could you please tell me, after creating users what else should i do, so that users can group in QMC

Thanks in advance

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Ganesh,

may u searched users by name but it is Case sensitive here so search with * symbol

search with * symbol if u have any users it will show all users.

if u find users then select that user in search user section and click on ADD button.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ramsai

Now i am able to find my users but after clicking on Apply, I am  unable to see any of my users added here in the Assigned Users.

and when i try to enter my document with the user name , i am getting the following error. as shown belowNUC.PNG

Thanks in advance

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Ganesh,

Which type of Authentication u r using?

Windows

or

NTFS

if u find ur users in search list and u added those users into selected users list windows authentication will accept

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rama

i am new to the server, i am not sure about NTFS authentication and all

I have created users on windows 2008 server in local users and groups, and than I am able to see those users on the QMC, so than i have added them by going to

QMC->System->Licenses->CALs->AssignedCALs->Manage Users..

than i am not sure, weather i have assigned CALs to users or not, but  i am unable to see them under Assigned Users, after clicking on Apply.

please see the attached images before clicking on Apply and after clicking on Apply

AU.PNG

after hitting 'Apply' button, they disappear

NAU.PNG

Thank you in advance

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Ganesh,

feel free to call me on my mobile 8376964364.

i will explain ur doubts