cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlickySense
Creator
Creator

How to calculate each group separately in a chart

Hello. I have chart like down below, in counts total of it, I'd like to calculate each group

My expression is:

=Count({$<status *={'Status1', 'Status2', 'Status3', 'Status4'}>} status)

QlickySense_0-1635329428051.png

Any tips?

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

It seems like "Group" should be your graph's dimension? It's hard to understand what exactly you're trying to achieve.

QlickySense
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Yes thats right, however my background colors on categories are totally mess. I guess it's because of that set analysis part? Any tips how to overcome that?

Or
MVP
MVP

You'll need to explain your graph's construction and underlying data structure. You posted a screenshot with no details, so I have no way of knowing what the bars and colors represent or what the actual data is.

QlickySense
Creator
Creator
Author

Yeah you're right

Under the dimension I got 2 variables

brandname from TableA

status from TableA

and my expression is

=Count({$<status *={'Status1', 'Status2', 'Status3', 'Status4'}>} status)

When I want to filter per any status, I lose my background colors

Or
MVP
MVP

OK - and what exactly do you mean by "Calculate by each group"? Group isn't in your dimensions or expression.

If you want to always calculate for all four statuses regardless of filters, just change the *= to a regular =. This will force status to always evaluate all four options while *= means it will only show the selection and from the selection, only values that are in the first four statuses.

QlickySense
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I've already acheieved what I wanted by Properties -> Presentations -> Plot values into segments 🙂

However this background colors bugs me

Look, here I've filtered middle group, colors in that group remained, but colors in the rest have been changed

I've removed *= and didnt work as well

QlickySense_0-1635338830681.png