Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chinnu123
Creator
Creator

How to change name in access point

Hi Team,

I am having an issue that I need to change access point name in qlikview

i.e now when my users open the link they are seeing Ford BPS-Accesspoint but they wanted to see it as Ford-AccessPoint

Can anyone suggest how to change that one

Thanks,

Chinnu.

9 Replies
ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Hello

Can you try

for v11 it is much easer to change the look and feel of AccessPoint with just changing the custom.css.  The file is located where you have installed QV:

..\QlikView\Web\custom.css

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What do you mean by "AccessPoint name"? Do you mean the name of the user that is currently logged on, and appears after "Welcome ..."? That text can be changed by the user in his/her Profile (See Favorites&Profile->PRofile->Welcome message and click Edit).

The text itself probably comes straight from Active Directory. Any chance of modifying the name in AD?

If it's the AccessPoint title text on the left that has been modified by someone else and needs to be adapted to the current situation, then on your server you navigate to folder C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\Images and open/edit a file called logo_AccessPoint.png. Use Paint or Gimp to change the image.

The default looks like this (with a grey background):

20180215 Default AccessPoint title (graphic).jpg

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Peter for your inputs Something I found which your inputs.

And My actual question is my users are using a below url to acess the access point.

http://bps-dashboard.mckey.com/qlikview/

But now they wanted to change it as

http://dashboard.mckey.com/qlikview/

Can any one suggest  where I can change it that url?

Hope I am clear

Thanks,

Chinnu.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

The URL need to change from domain only not for qlik. Will you provide the intention to change the URL and where it could be?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your response

As Users wanted to change the URl which they are used to login the Access point home page

From the above First link you can see bps word they wanted to remove that word from the link.

Because here bps is one business unit apart from bps so many business units using this access point page

with this reason they wanted to remove it.

Hope I am clear

Thanks,

Chinnu.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You need to ask IT to add that entry in their DNS servers. After that, check in the QMC that all services are working as expected (i.e.: no hostname change)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Still, That is domain where server hosted not in our control. Does this URL calling from base and where?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Anil for your response.

Thanks,

Chinnu.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or ask IT to add an "alias" for the current servername, that points to the same ip-address (a second entry but with a different hostname), or a real alias that points to the current servername. In both cases, the current servername/ip-address combo will not change and your entire configuration stays the same.