Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

How to change present Map with Latest US Map Google Extention...?

Hi Experts,

I have some map issue , Present we are using one Map which is not apt for our project , we wamt to change it latest US Map  Extention Object , I have Downloaded the US Map with Google , and checking in Webview of our current Application , it is Working fine in web view but how to bring that US Map Extention ojects into Normal view...

how to bring the Extention Objects into normal view , how to use the power of Extention Objects in the Qlikview application without Webview...?

plz respond if anybody know the Answer....

Thanks in advnace...

Regards

vishal.

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately extensions would not work with Plugin.

Extensions are generally built upon web technologies such as HTML and JavaScript and for QlikView to be able to render these objects on the screen you will need to run QlikView Desktop with WebView mode enabled or access the document through the AJAX-client over AccessPoint. The IE-plugin does not support extensions.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

ThanQ very much tresesco , but your answer is little bit Confused to me , Can you plz explain from basic

right now am using Qv 11 SR10.

we already have one Map , I just want to replace that with the latest US Extention map, when am trying to see the the map without web view am getting " unknown Chart type "

how to integrate latest Extention with our Application...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Webview is a kind of 'Preview' of how it would look in the accesspoint AJAX-mode. When you see your application in desktop mode (non-webview) it is actually equivalent to IE Plugin in accesspoint. Now since Plugin doesn't support extensions, you can't check extensions without webview mode (in desktop), however, it would work fine in accesspoint in Ajax client.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

okay , thanks alot tresesco

now i want to replace the Old map with the latest US Extention Map , can you Plz suggest one best way to do it...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Old one was also an extension? Are you trying to deploy it in the server ? If so, you have to just replace the old one with this new one at right location. Check: Re: Deploying Extensions to Server?

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No Old one is normal Google map (scatter Chart) , yes we are trying to deploy the application in fews days..

thanq..

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi tresesco

Old map is not Extension object it was a normal map ( using Scatter chart ) , but now I downloaded US Map Extension , challenge is now I want to replace old one with the US Map Extension object...?

what Procedure I have to Follow plz guide me on this , as am new to this Maps and Extensions...?

thanks in advance...

regards

vishal