Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

How to change the failover node sensing time to Central Node

Hi Techies,

I have installed Qlik Sense on a rim node then I went to QMC of Central Node => Nodes=> Select Failover node option and it was selected automatically all the services except printing services => saved the settings and I believe this is what I need to do to make a node to work as failover node.

Now I read, newly added failover node, sense central node in every 10 minutes and if it finds central node not giving any acknowledgment, It starts working as a central node. My question is , Can you please correct me if I have done wrong somewhere or missed something to configure the failover node, because I found nowhere how to configure a failover node , Please guide me how to configure the failover node

Second,How can I seta new time duration of sensing time to central node is OFF or ON, Like I want to set it to 5 minutes

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
wynandack
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, it is possible to change the timeout, using PGADMIN, select the QSR database, navigate to the following table: ServiceClusterSettingsSharedPersistenceProperties, right click and select View/Edit Data - All rows, scroll all the way to the right and modify the following field to the value that best suites your requirements: FailoverTimeout (default 10), remember to save and then restart all services.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'd like to add that wynandack 's proposed approach, including any manual changes to the QSR database, is unsupported and may irreparably corrupt your whole Qlik Sense environment if you do it incorrectly.