Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to check the section access?

Hi,

How can I check the reduction of a section access?

We have developed a QlikView document using section access.

We use the NTNAME to identify the user and then we add three diferent fields to reduce the document. So, I'm not sure about which will be the reduction of the section access.

Is there any way to login as another user to check his reduction?

Kind regards,

Kim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Finnaly, I have changed the NTNAME for USERID to do the check. I also have added a PASSWORD as '1' for every user. So, I'm able to emulate any user.

It's not direct, but it works.

Thanks for your answers,

Kim

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kim,

Sure. You can use the Desktop client, Open In Server, expand Show options and specify "Log on as specified user" in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME. It will ask for password. You can also use the Plugin in Internet Explorer, disabling the auto logon in the Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level button.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel Angel,

Thanks for your answer,

However, I have two problems. First, I have to post the document into the server and make it public before I can check the reduction. Then, I need to know the password of the user, and I don't know them.

I have used the second option with two users that I knew the password. I also have asked to some users about what they see, but this way "is a litle bit sad".

Kind regards,

Kim

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Kim,

One more option would be, comment the "Section Access" and "Section Application" in your script and take the NTNAME field name in sheet and click the respective username and you can check the data. Only the people who have full access i.e if you have given ALL in you session access script, you would not be able to check. Since this ALL will be converted to full data when you have session access only.

Hope i`m clear and this helps you.

-Sridhar

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Kim,

You can always set your user not as ADMIN but linked to an actual restricted user reduction, so you see, for example, the same as USER1 even when you are DEVELOPER1. That shouldn't be a problem.

In regards to make the document public, that's not correct. QlikView respects NTFS permissions. Just publish your document in a folder that only you have permissions. Inc ase any other user than you get to the Accesspoint, they will not see that document.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Finnaly, I have changed the NTNAME for USERID to do the check. I also have added a PASSWORD as '1' for every user. So, I'm able to emulate any user.

It's not direct, but it works.

Thanks for your answers,

Kim