Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to compare 2 fields using SET ANALYSIS ?

I am actually trying to see how I can compare fields from  2 different tables using SET ANALYSIS.

Table1:

Id            Name

100         JOHN

101         JAKE

102         MIKE

104         AMY

Table2:

Name                    Amt

MIKE                      200

AMY                       500

BOB                       300

In my output I want something like :  SUM({$<Table1.Name = Table2.Name>} Table2.Amt) but this is not working.

Can someone please provide the correct syntax for doing this comparison (without using an IF statement, since that’s very memory intensive) ?

Also, please don't suggest the joining of the 2 tables in the script itself, since my example is just a very simplified version of the real one.

Thanks.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

First you need to pass the value from Table1.Name into a variable, then you need to use this value in your set analysis expression. Like this example:

=SUM({<Table2.Name = $(=Variable)>} Table2.Amt)

this way is the simplest way to use with Island tables in your data model. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Walid

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Walid,

If possible to pass multiple values from table 1 (island tables in my data model), do the comparison with table 2  columns, and if it meets certain criteria, then get selected values in table 1? thanks for your help.

Steven