Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to compare fields

Guys,

In the below screenshot, I have two customers A and B with having some number of fields each.

Screenshot_5.png

1. When customer A is selected in list-box,I want to show a bar chart with having the fields exactly matched with customer B

2. The selected customer (A) need not be shown in bar chart. If selected customer's fields exactly matches with customer B, that matched field count alone for customer B should be shown.

How can I achieve this... Plz anyone help me guys.

Regards,

Siva

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

20 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) On what bases?

2) Does it mean this?

Only({<Customer = {B} >} Yourdatapointfieldname)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No,If we have three customers A,B and C, and if customer A is selected we have to show the matched fields count for customers excluding the selected customer A i.e Customer B and C.

But all the fields should be matched with customer A. Also attached sample data.

Here, in below example we have 3 customers,

Screenshot_2.png

"Hapag Lloyd" is selected and I need the matched fields count in "Cargosmart" and "Maersk" as shown below.

Hapag Lloyd - 8 fields

Cargosmart - 10 fields and

Maersk - 6 fields

Out of 10 fields of Cargosmart, 5 fields matched with Hapag Lloyd and out of 6 fields of Maersk, 4 fields matched with Hapag Lloyd as shown in the chart below.

Screenshot_6.png

I need to show this chart based on the appropriate selections of customer.

It has to compare the matched fields with all the customers excluding the selected customer.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I haven't check your excel file, May be this?

Sum({<Customer = E(Customer)>}Sales)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have checked P() and E() function in the expressions.Screenshot_6.png

If "Maersk" is selected in this bar chart, that 5 fields to be displayed in a table and if "Cargosmart" is selected, 4 fields to be displayed in a table.

I couldn't achieve this drill-down because of using E() function.

Is there any way to achieve this also?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am confused again, This is the case why you need E() function?? Will you able to provide sample application?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached the sample file.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please explain now, If you are not selecting any thing report gets no data. If you select some thing what are you expecting? Please mention Numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If Hapag Lloyd is selected, I've got the exactly matched fields count of Cargosmart(4) and Maersk(5).

When it is drill-downed further i.e if Cargosmart is selected in the bar chart, I need to get that 4 fields and similarly for Maersk, 5 fields in a table and bar chart has to be hidden.

Could you please suggest some other way to achieve this?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What my understand is If you are selecting Hapag Lloyd from Customer. You want to exclude that selection from Chart and the if we drill down or selection happen on Bar graph you want to get straight table like below, Is that you are looking?

Capture.PNG