- To all three reports, there is a "report page", but that is not actually supposed to be necessary - the content is exactly the same, it was just intended as a kind of workbench.
<=> The problem is such: There should be only ONE selection (the current year) for either of these reports, nothing else or they won't work properly.
-> The reports are currently set (in the "report settings") to accept the current selection
<=> When someone calls either of the reports from another page and some other selection is there (e.g. month), the report will show queer results.
I cannot just take off all selections when calling the reports, that would have me facing a problem on Jan2 next year when the underlying list is continued.
<=> I thought I understood from the manual and my book that I can use a bookmark (I used an advanced search_expression >>> Jahr = year(ReloadTime()) <<<) to replace all current selections with just this one by just leaving the checkbox "additive" unticked.
<=> Somehow, that doesn't work.
Can someone help me there? Have I overlooked something?
Just now it didn't, that's why I wrote this - but now it works.
One remaining question: Do I need to tick that "save layout" thing in the bookmark? The layout of my pages doesn't actually change - the look is defined by the buttons via which the sheet is activated. Does it take up a lot of resources/ space?
- One of the three reports works different from the other two: It follows a different date (the date an event was reported, not the date it occurred)
=> It is linked to a different master_calendar.
=> The diffference is only, one master_calendar is from a qvs file, the second one (which I need only in this app) is in the script.
<=> When i do the exact same thing (creating a new bookmark, non-additive, for an advanced search_expression rgd. the year), it doesn't work though it works fine with the field from the primary master_calendar.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks a lot!
P.S.: When I try out the bookmark on its own, the first one works - with just one click, it takes off all selections and selects only the current year
<=> The other one just takes off all selections, I have to click again to select the current year... - so it works all right, but I have to call it twice which I cannot set in a report...
- One of the three reports uses an alternative master_calendar (actually an identical calendar, but the data_table is linked to it via a different field)
=> Thus I have one field "year" and one field "year_#2".
- The bookmark I have on "year" (named current_year) works perfectly - it takes off all current selections and in return it selects only the current year
<=> The bookmark on "year_#2" (named current_year_#2) does not work - it takes off all current selections and stops -> I can call it again, then it selects the current year...
P.S.: It seems that, while the BM on "year" can
- take off TWO selections and
- make ONE new selection
the BM on "year_#2" can
- take off ONE selection and
- make ONE new selection (in one call)
- OR take off TWO selections (and nothing more)
Can anyone help me get behind this phenomenon? It's not pressing right now, but I should have it fixed before the end of this year, because when the same list is continued to be used next year and I cannot select the year, I will have a problem.
this is "solved": I have now made the dimensions of the diagrams such that the year is automatically selected, thus I don't need a user-selection on the year anymore => thus I have no issue with the year anymore and I can simply take off all selections to draw those reports from anywhere in the app.
There were a few other issues showing just now because
- the last days of December are in week #1 (which, of course, is not bigger than the week_nr of the first days of Dec)
- Dec began on a Sunday, but we don't display Sundays, so we had one entire blank week displayed.