Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create Scatter Plot Quadrants?

Hello Everyone!

I'm fairly new to qlikview, and I'm exploring different chart types.

I need to develop a Scatter Chart. I have Age (from 0 - 100) on the X axis, and I have income on the Y axis. I have also used conditions to have bigger bubble size for bigger income.

I want to create quadrants that classify these data points into High and Low Income and Age.

I used to reference line option to do this. I am not sure what kind of condition to use here.

I want to maybe use mean, median or mode for income, and use a constant number (say 45 years) for Age.

I also want these lines to remain static. One problem i have faced is that when I select an area of the chart to display just those data points, the reference lines recalculate by using just those data points. This is quite confusing.

Ex:

Before any selections are made, the reference lines for income and age are at $35,000 and 35 years.

I want to see the data points in the High Income, High Age Quadrant, so i select those data points.

The reference line now recalculate to show $100,000 and 55 years.

But I want it to stay at the original values.

Hope someone can help me with this. (I have a personal version of qlikview and I cannot open qv files that are shared)

Thank you.

0 Replies