cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a calculated dummy dimension

I,

In the small example attached I want to create 1 line with the difference between dimension dim1 when 'A' and dimension dim1 when 'B'.

What is the best way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricardo

See the attached sample please.

In table With Value List

I removed your dimension div and dep and replaced it by your drill down dimension hierar

Then in chart properties, tab presentation, checked Always full expanded.

fully expanded.png.

Then to get A, B and A-b in column drag one of them to the top of your chart. And then tou get your crossed table.

crosses table.png

This worked for me.

Give it a try.

Regards,

Sílvia

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Ricardo,

Not understanding your requirement clearly. Can you post your expected output and little more description?

Siva

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I could not explain myself well (maybe in the late hour).

What I intend is: having a table of facts with several snapshots, when selecting 2 can compare 1 with another.

In the new example I send, I have 1 Char "With Variable" in which I wanted a new column that would be "A-B".

I almost got it with the ValueList (char "With ValueList"), but when I enter a DrillDown dimension with a "pivot" type char it stops working.

Summarizing what I intend is what I have in the "With ValueList" chart but where I can have a drill dimension and maintaining a Pivot Table.

please see the new attachment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricardo

See the attached sample please.

In table With Value List

I removed your dimension div and dep and replaced it by your drill down dimension hierar

Then in chart properties, tab presentation, checked Always full expanded.

fully expanded.png.

Then to get A, B and A-b in column drag one of them to the top of your chart. And then tou get your crossed table.

crosses table.png

This worked for me.

Give it a try.

Regards,

Sílvia

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Work ! nice and smooth .

thanks a lot

Ricardo