Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperOracle
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to create a report with end users inputs?

We want to duplicate a crystal report into Qlik Dashboard. This report requires end users' inputs like the start date and end date.  Then the output data will be calculated (using formula) based on the date range.

How could I create such report in Qlik?

Can anyone please share any idea? 

Thank you!

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Perhaps using Direct Queries, Formulas and filters.
1. Direct Query

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/ScriptR....

marcus_sommer

This could be done with variables or selections - indirectly per extra date-fields in loosen tables or also with direct selections. In many cases it's not too difficult just to select the wanted dates because the user could just type: >=startdate<=enddate on the date-field - means the user-input is just extended to two operators.

Beside this the most users choose only a few relevant periods like YTD, MTD and similar ones which could be provided as selection-values, too.

SuperOracle
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @marcus_sommer , 

Thank you for the response. I am new to QLIK. Is there any document or similar example that I could follow?

Thanks!

marcus_sommer

Quite helpful for all date-stuff is: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values - Qlik Community - 1495741 and why it's good to select the wanted views: Let the User Select - Qlik Community - 1463978

SuperOracle
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much @marcus_sommer ! Will check out.