Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a timeframe bar?

I want to have a timeframe bar with (Years, Quarters and Months) as shown in below post. I have a date field in my data.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/06/06/dynamically-selecting-timeframes

9 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ravi - this is not possible out-of-the-box yet with Qlik Sense, but you can achieve this with the extension object known as: OptionList -   I attached it to this thread.

Watch this brief video below from the New to Qlik Sense Videos to learn how to use and install Extensions and to also learn more about Qlik Branch where you can grab more extensions:  http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?223-Qlik-Sense-Option-List

Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the reply. Actually I wanted to do it in QlikView. However I could not find QlikView for tagging. I got the answer from this qlik view training video - http://qvtraining.qlikview.com/DOWNLOADS_FREE-ELEARNING/Build_Your_First_QlikView/Mod_3_Build_the_us...

Thank you so much once again.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK perfect, thanks for the update.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael

when I the extension to the folder as described in your video it doesn't appear in the Charts list in QS.

I uncompressed the .zip file here and tried restarting QS.

C:\Users\Steven.ward\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\OptionList

QS 1.PNG.png

Thanks

Steven

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Steven, what version of Qlik Sense Desktop are you using?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

the latest - i just installed it today.

I've worked with Qlikview before in a previous role. I saw QS over the weekend and wondered if it would suit the business I'm in now (week 4 so far).

thanks

S

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK that is odd - it should be in the list - are you logged in with a different user on the machine? Qlik Sense Desktop installs in the user profile Document directory - so just curious.

If you are in with the proper user id that installed desktop, click the explorer address bar to justify the Qlik Sense Desktop path:

C:\Users\mtarallo.MTARALLO\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\OptionList

I just copied it in, pressed F5 while in Desktop and I see it in the list:

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Michael

Odd - I've refreshed it now and it's appeared.

Thanks for that.

I'll let you know how I get on. Early days, but QS looks a good end user tool.

Steven

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Great to hear, keep in touch - let us know how you make out.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik