Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create .qar files?

Hi

Have just searched about Extension Objects and found out that in a folder called Extensions which comes with complete installation of QV10 desktop, there are some pre-defined Extensions in .qar file format.

These .qar files when double-clicked, get self installed. To see the contents of .qar file, just open them with Winrar, we can see the Definition.xml, Icon.png etc files

I have tried to create My own basic Extension and could succeed to see it in WebView mode

But I have created a folder which contains the required xml,js,png files and simply copied it into already existing .qar file

I want to know how to create a .qar file directly..Should we use any software for that? like Winrar for .rar files??

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Priya:)

13 Replies
sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Not sure, why this not working for you. I dont have QV 10 installed in my sys now.

I`ll try to work on this tonite and let you the out come.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

you are doing something wrong. are you sure you actually rename the extension and that your file is not named extension.qar.zip?

do you display file extension in the windows explorer?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

You are right..I did a mistake in changing the file name..I changed the .zip extension to .qar.zip

This is because for all files, extensions are not seen in the file names.

I came to know that we have to go to

MyComputer --> Tools --> FolderOptions --> View --> uncheck Hide Extensions for known file types

This resulted in the filename of my zip file as filename.zip and now can just rename it as filename.qar

My .qar file is ready

Thank you for everything

Priya

stanislav_k
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Now it's dosn't work